Saturday 22 June 2013

A weekend away

Last weekend Rich and I decided to use the voucher I'd been given my class at Christmas and have a night away.  We stayed in a tiny little village called Benissoda which was beautiful, quiet and very welcoming.  I didn't take any pictures of the hotel for some reason but here you have some of us on the terrace before and after dinner.

   

Dinner and breakfast were included and the food was pretty nice so it made for a very cheap stay.








Ooh look, I did take 1 hotel picture.  It was all very nice, very simple and modern and I loved it. 


Last weekend was particularly amazing weather (summer really has hit here) so we decided that while we had a rental car, to head to Denia (on the coast) as well to explore.  I'm so glad we did, it was a lovely place.

We stayed at the 4* Daniya Spa and Business Hotel for only €71 and it was the perfect night away of total holiday relaxation.  I mean, just look at our view from our room.


We really treated it like a mini holiday,as I badly needed to relax and unwind.  Lots of nice food, lots of wine and a few mojitos and G&Ts too....



Saturday was spent drinking and sunbathing by the lovely pool and then out for dinner while on Sunday we headed to the local beach, just across the road before a delicious Italian late lunch and the trip home.






I practically had to be dragged away from Denia as I could have quite happily spent a week relaxing at the lovely hotel and on that beach.  

We do have the next holiday to look forward to though as we have now booked Rome in July!  Roll on summer....




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin