Sunday 2 September 2012

My Happy Place


This is not a sad post.  I feel like I need to say this so that my Mum, who will no doubt be reading this, doesn’t worry.  Everyone has those days when you feel a bit overwhelmed and that’s what this is about.

I have used the word overwhelmed so much over the last few weeks. Because that what I am.  Not homesick, or upset or worried, just overwhelmed by it all.  Moving into a new flat in a country where I don’t speak the language and starting my first teaching job is a lot.  And although I feel excited 90% of the time, I had a moment on Friday.

If I was in Lincoln and I felt like this then I would head to Starbucks, usually with my mum, and talk it through.  Well who needs Starbucks when you have this at the end of your road?

I took myself off to sit outside the art museum (I think it's the art museum, must check that) with my book and a cold drink for a while on Friday afternoon.  



I think I’ve found the perfect place to chill out; the cool breeze, the blue sky and water and the quietness meant that I actually enjoyed being on my own rather than feeling like I needed Rich there to translate things and help me get around.  Not knowing the language is difficult; it makes me feel confused and stupid because I'm not used to having so much difficulty understanding what's going on.  Here though, I felt totally chilled. 

Where’s your go to place when you feel overwhelmed and in need of a break?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I need a chill out spot. This spot looks lovely! I dont have a chill out spot! Or maybe I can just book myself into a spa and have a massage!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin