Tuesday 19 March 2013

Nit de Foc - Night of Fire

Having been to the firework displays on Saturday and Sunday night, we popped out of the flat last night expecting a fairly similar experience.  This was not the case.  As soon as we left our flat, there were cars everywhere and people streaming down to the Palau de les Arts, at the end of our street.  This is not what it normally looks like at 1.15am on a Tuesday morning.




And I now see why so many people turn out for it.  The Nit de Foc is the big one, to start off the main celebrations on the 19th, that culminate in tonight's crema, which is the burning of all the fallas. 

I know that my pictures don't do any justice to these amazing displays, but here we go anyway. 




The fireworks have been one of my favourite parts of Fallas so I am a little sad that I won't be watching elaborate displays every night now, but I will be glad to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin